Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for operations associated with receipt, storage, staging for production, onsite movement and shipment of new, clean, and uranic-containing cylinders.
- Obtain a general understanding of the URENCO USA process system and safety systems.
- Safely operate container handling equipment and associated utility systems and equipment.
- Perform cylinder handling activities, including loading, unloading, crane and vehicle movements.
- Conduct inspections, testing, weighing, radiation monitoring, and surface contamination checks.
- Perform entries in SAP (computer-based program) associated with container handler activities.
- Exercise good judgment, decision making, and skills to ensure safe handling of containers and associated equipment and systems including troubleshooting components or systems during off-normal operating conditions.
- Maintain training currency in accordance with regulations, codes and license requirements.
- Perform technician and handling duties consistent with Hazardous Waste Operator (HAZWOPER) per 29CFR1910.120(q).
- Maintain timely, complete and accurate, and strictly factual operational records.
- Prepare timely and accurate problem reports for equipment problems and human errors.
- Perform emergency plan duties and responsibilities and participate in training exercises and drills.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s degree in a technical, science or related discipline and one to three years of related experience operating heavy equipment or utilizing mechanical or logistics skills. Candidates must be accountable for own actions and words and have strong personal integrity and good teamwork skills. At a minimum, candidate must have a high school diploma or GED and zero to one year of related experience operating heavy equipment or utilizing mechanical or logistics skills. Must be able to attain and maintain a US government L level security clearance. The duties and responsibilities listed above do not reflect the position description in full and in complete detail.
How to apply
Click HERE to Apply!
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact UUSA Human Resources at 575-394-6652 or HRUUSA@urenco.com.
URENCO USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. URENCO USA encourages minorities, females, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply. UUSA supports a drug free workplace.
Enrich your future!
URENCO USA | Human Resources | HRUUSA@urenco.com